Attention Premium website members: you can now listen to the Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast episode 134. Two highlights of this episode for me are:
Lisa’s interview with Irish genealogy expert Donna Moughty. I do have an Irish line or two that I haven’t started tracking into Ireland. Donna’s encouraging advice have gotten me excited about revisiting those lines. Her specific tips are pointing right toward what I should do and where I should go next with my Irish kin.
Another favorite in this episode is Lisa’s segment on recording oral history interviews with your mobile device. Many of us usually have all we need to record an interview with a relative: a smartphone or tablet, a list of questions and a few minutes to spare. Lisa got me thinking about the conversations I want to record and how easy it will be using the apps she recommends.
Of course, there’s more than these two great segments in Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast episode 134. Check out:
- A story of a researcher who recognized a distant cousin just from the family resemblance;
- How listening to podcasts makes you extraordinary (and how one Premium listener went the extra mile–actually 26 miles);
- A spotlight on a record set that can help you better understand your ancestors who traveled;
- A free resource to help you troubleshoot website connection issues;
- How one city is working to preserve a cemetery’s historic headstones–but not at the expense of its historic rose gardens; and
- How to talk about DNA at your next family gathering.
Click here to listen to the Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast episode 134 and read/download the accompanying handout.
Are you getting the MOST out of your Premium website membership? Members have access to more than two dozen Premium videos, including the new video tutorial, How to Find Essential Apps for Genealogists. Click here to find more video classes exclusively for Genealogy Gems Premium website members.