Guess what? The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania has also been covering Orphan Train as a book club selection!
Their format’s a little different than ours: they have weekly blog posts on the book and members are invited to get together over coffee and chat about it. The blog posts are part plot summary, part personal response, and even part genealogy and history instruction! Check out these posts:
- Welcome to the book club and commentary, pages 1-38.
- Names, identity and immigration and commentary, pages 1-38.
- Commentary, pages 38-82.
- Oral history in the orphan http://laparkan.com/buy-vardenafil/ train story and history of orphan train riders.
- Tips for doing an oral history and commentary, pages 38-82.
- When school is an escape, and commentary, pages 83-126.
- Looking back to find a way forward and commentary, pages 126-176.
What do you think of Orphan Train? Post your response on our Facebook page or email us with your comments. We’d love to hear them!
Click here to go to our Genealogy Gems Book Club page, with more about Orphan Train and other great titles we have featured on the show.