The Dallas Genealogical Society 2017 Summer Seminar is fast approaching on August 4-5, and will feature the entire Genealogy Gems Team! Join us for two fun-filled days devoted to Sources, Storytelling & DNA! Sunny Morton is coming in from Ohio, and Diahan Southard from Florida, to join Lisa Louise Cooke in her own “backyard” of Dallas, Texas at the Dallas Central Library.
When: August 4 & 5, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Dallas Central Library, 1515 Young Street, Dallas, Texas
Who: The Dallas Genealogical Society
The Genealogy Gems ladies will be delivering a variety of carefully curated sessions to help boost your ability to locate solid sources, incorporate genetic genealogy, and then pull all of your findings together in a compelling story:
Friday, August 4, 2017
- Session 1 Sources: Google Tools & Procedures for Solving Family History Mysteries – Lisa Louise Cooke
- Session 2 Story: Write Your Life Story – Sunny Morton
- Session 3 DNA: Genetic Genealogy: Here’s What you Need To Know – Diahan Southard
- Session 4 Sources: Get the Scoop on Your Ancestors with Newspapers – Lisa Louise Cooke
Saturday, August 5, 2017
- Session 1 Sources: Why We Care Where Grandma Went to Church: An In-Depth Look at U.S. Religious Records – Sunny Morton
- Session 2 Sources & Story: 10 Ways to Enhance Your Genealogy with Video – Lisa Louise Cooke
- Session 3 DNA: The Combined Power of YDNA and Autosomal DNA: A Case Study – Diahan Southard
- Session 4 Story: How to Create Exciting Interactive Family History Tours with Google Earth – Lisa Louise Cooke
I’ll be there with special discounts just for this event on our best products!
If you’ll be in the Dallas area on August 4-5, 2017, I hope you’ll join us at this fabulous event!
Click here for more details and to register.
Not Gonna Be in Dallas – Not a Problem
If you can’t make it to Dallas (we’ll miss you!) and you need a speaker for your next event, Click here for information about booking Lisa!