Time for 2016! The two-time Emmy nominated series Who Do You Think You Are? returns to TLC on April 3. Six new stars, and six new ancestral stories.
A male witch hunt. Amish ancestors. Desperate emigration. Bloody battles. Travel to Portugal, Sweden and Ellis Island. WDYTYA is back! A new season of this popular series premieres on TLC on Sunday, April 3 at 9/8c.
According to a company press release, celebs you’ll see in WDYTYA 2016 include:
- Scott Foley, who finds a relative who risked his life for one of America’s founding fathers, and an ancestor who suffered unspeakably during one of this nation’s darkest times.
- Lea Michele, who nails down where her mysterious paternal ancestors came from, and learns of the dire economic circumstances they endured while trying to emigrate to the U.S.
- Chris Noth, who learns his ancestors suffered during one of the greatest catastrophes in American history, and a relative who fought in one of the bloodiest battles of all time.
- Molly Ringwald, who explores family lore of Swedish royalty which uncovers her ancestors’ harrowing lives and a brave woman who forever changed her family’s fate.
- Katey Sagal, who is shocked to learn of her family’s Amish roots, and digs deeper as she realizes the level of dedication to their faith.
- Aisha Tyler, who tracks down her 2x great-grandfather, whose story had been lost over generations, and uncovers an astonishing tale of a prominent ancestor whose struggle to keep his illegitimate son a secret made headlines.