Genealogy Gems Podcast Episode 187 has just been published! In this episode, Lisa welcomes Judy Russell, AKA “The Legal Genealogist,” who specializes in researching laws that applied to our ancestors. She takes on a Genealogy Gems listener’s fantastic question about the bounty land his War of 1812 ancestor never claimed. Can he still claim it? Find out in this episode.
More highlights from this episode include:
- The latest on life after Family Tree Maker software and a fresh look at why family history software is still relevant today;
- New strategies for using Google to answer your genealogical research questions;
- Our new Genealogy Gems Book Club announcement. (Get ready to read!);
- Why you will definitely want to stop by our booth at RootsTech 2016; and
- New records online and up-to-the-moment emails with questions, tips and inspiring successes.
Get Lisa’s Google Methodology:
For more step-by-step strategies on one of the podcast topics–using Google to answer your genealogical research questions–turn to Lisa Louise Cooke’s book, The Genealogist’s Google Toolbox. It’s your ultimate guide to learning to use Google and its many free tools (Google Books, YouTube, Google Scholar, etc) for genealogy and for everything else! Use it to master Google searching in 2016!