Do you have old home movies, footage of oral history interviews or any other type of family history video to keep track of?
I recently heard from Ricky with this question:
Q: How do I add video to Evernote?
A: Thankfully, it’s easy on your computer:
- Open Evernote.
- Click New Note button.
- Open Windows Explorer and resize so you can see both the window and Evernote.
- Locate the desired video on your hard drive.
- click on the video and drag and drop it on to the new note.
From your mobile device when you have the Evernote app installed:
- Locate the video (ex. on the iPhone open Video app).
- Tap Share icon.
- Select Email.
- Start to type “ever” and your unique Evernote email address associated with your Evernote account should auto-fill.
This will send the video to Evernote as a new note.
Keep in mind that video files are very large so take up a lot of your monthly upload limit. If you are a Premium Member, that’s not so much of a problem.
Genealogy Gems Premium members can also access exclusive full-length videos on how to use Evernote for family history, like:
- How the Genealogist can Remember Everything with Evernote(Beginner);
- How to Organize Your Research with Evernote (Intermediate);
- Making Evernote Effortless (Intermediate)
- Collaborative Genealogy with Evernote (Intermediate);
- Using Evernote to Create a Research Plan (Advanced).
Not a Premium member yet? The Evernote video series alone makes Premium membership worth the low annual fee, but you get SO much more! Learn more here.