The Genealogy Gems App lets you listen to the Genealogy Gems podcast on your mobile device which is great. But there are more specific reasons to use the app over just listening online or using iTunes.
Recently I heard from podcast listener Kay, who wondered about listening to the podcast on her phone without using data in places where she doesn’t have wifi (like the gym).
My answer to her: use the app! By default, it streams the episodes via an Internet connection. However, if you tap the star for an episode, you will download the episode. Then you can listen to it offline.
The Genealogy Gems app turns 5 years old this month and continues to offer even more great perks like:
- Stream episodes from anywhere
- Receive updates with the latest episodes and an archived back catalog
- Playback resume (when interrupted by a call or other distraction)
- Access exclusive extras like PDFs, Wallpapers, and Bonus Content
- Quickly access all the contact methods for the show
- With the iOS version (compatible for iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone, you can follow the show on Twitter
- On iPhone, there’s a call-in audio comment feature (We LOVE when listeners leave comments and questions!)
Click here to get the Genealogy Gems app for Apple, Android and Windows devices.