The Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast episode 135 is packed with super tech tools for family history and flavored with powerful research tips.
The Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast episode 135 is now available to Genealogy Gems Premium website members.
Host and producer Lisa Louise Cooke has packed this episode with new and fabulous technology tools for genealogists. The head-turning Evernote for Windows update may just win you over to Evernote at last (if you’re not already using it). She invites listeners to check out two new tech products that have come across her desk, and shares why she’s finally on-board with Inbox for Gmail (even though it’s been out for a while).
Other episode highlights:
- Why all genealogists should take a lunch break with PERSI now and then (it’s a Findmypast database, not a person);
- What genealogy TV shows and films are making news right now;
- Spotlight on emigration records: would your ancestor appear in these?
- DNA questions for Diahan from a listener;
- How to Google your way to more recent records than are on Ancestry.com;
- Diahan Southard talks about the DAR’s move to accept DNA evidence; and
- A somber moment in U.S. history: The Johnstown Flood.
Not a Premium member yet? You’re missing out! Each month, Lisa shares in-depth news, innovative strategies, insightful commentary and inspiring stories in the Premium podcast. Premium members also have access to 30 (and counting!) on-demand instructional videos on the SAME topics that family historians flock to at major conferences. A Premium membership is like having Lisa host your own personal genealogy conference, all year long, any time. Check out Premium membership here.