If you’re a Premium member on our site, you can now access Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast Episode 115, “Newspapers, Evernote, DNA and a Heartwarming Story.”
This episode is PACKED with news and ideas YOU can use to move your family research forward now. Here are some highlights:
- 10 Cool Things You Can Do With Evernote when you’re traveling (you have to hear these ideas–they’ll save you a lot of fuss on the road)!
- Great advice on what to keep on your hard drive v. what to keep on Evernote;
- A conversation with a listener who reunited lost heirlooms with the right family–the advice I gave her and how it went;
- An interview with Genealogy Gems’ resident DNA expert Diahan Southard on a recent news story and its impact on genetic genealogy;
- A recent news story about Canadian birth brothers who were reunited–but are still looking for their sister;
- Updates on two great online tools, PERSI on FindMyPast sites and the FamilySearch Standard Location Finder; and
- an update on content at the British Newspaper Archive and some great U.S. newspaper history trivia.
Not a Premium member yet? You’re missing out on the “plus” content in Genealogy Gems Premium Podcast episodes! Click here for more on becoming a member. Our low annual membership rate is, we think, the best value in genealogy education out there. You don’t just get access to these meaty podcasts: you get unlimited access to Lisa’s online video classes for an entire year. Check it out!