Hands up, how many of you have ever created (or considered creating) an album or scrapbook to showcase your family history finds, life story, career or hobbies – or those of a loved one? Well, the Library of Congress has posted a new FREE video about how to create and properly preserve digital or traditional archival scrapbooks.
It’s a 72-minute video by various experts with a downloadable transcript on these topics:
- basic preservation measures one can do at home for long-lasting albums and scrapbooks;
- pros and cons of dismantling old scrapbooks and albums in poor condition;
- how to address condition problems;
- preservation considerations for digital scrapbooks and albums
- how to participate in the Library’s Veterans History Project.
Check it out!