SPRINGVILLE, Utah. — November 19, 2012 — RootsMagic, Inc. today announced the official release of RootsMagic 6, the latest version of the award-winning genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy and enjoyable. With this release comes an update to the popular “RootsMagic Essentials” free genealogy software.
Family History Made Easy
Family Tree Magazine said RootsMagic is “probably the best all-around genealogy program” and “offers a winning combination of features for both casual and serious genealogists.”
Throughout it’s 11-year history, RootsMagic has helped people research and share their family trees with innovative features such as moving people from one file to another with your mouse, a SourceWizard to help you document your work, creating a Shareable CD to give to family and friends, and running RootsMagic off of a USB flash drive when you are away from home. RootsMagic has also received numerous awards, including the award for “Easiest to Sync” from FamilySearch for their work in interfacing with that system.
RootsMagic 6 adds many new features while making existing features even easier to use. “This release includes something for everybody,” said Bruce Buzbee, president. “Whether you want an easier way to share your family history with family or are looking for better tools to help you organize your work, RootsMagic 6 has something new for you.” New features include:
- Online Publishing - Easily share your information online, including notes, sources, and pictures. Choose which information to include, then publish it to your own page atmy.RootsMagic.com.
- Live Timeline View - A live-edit panel on RootsMagic’s timeline view makes this one of the most powerful editing features ever! Make corrections to your data while viewing it in context with other family members life events.
- Find Everywhere - With a single search you can now find every record in your file containing the text you want. Quickly find people, families, notes, sources, places, to-do items, research logs, and more. Then edit those found records directly from the search results.
- WebTags - Link people, sources, places, and more to websites using RootsMagic 6′s new WebTags.
- CountyCheck Explorer - Look up a county, state, or country from a multi-national database. It can even show you online maps of county boundaries for that date.
- Plus dozens of other enhancements and features
Free “RootsMagic Essentials”
RootsMagic 6 is also available in an updated, free edition named, “RootsMagic 6 Essentials”. RootsMagic Essentials contains many core features from the RootsMagic software and the two products are fully-compatible with one another. “Many people are curious about their family history and don’t know where to begin,” said Michael Booth, vice president. “RootsMagic Essentials is the perfect way for someone to get started, risk-free.” RootsMagic Essentials is available for download at http://www.rootsmagic.com.
RootsMagic 6 is now available online at http://www.rootsmagic.com